END OF PROJECT REPORT 2012
The PWP project implemented in Ngombeni sub-location, Ziani location, Chonyi Division of Bahari constituency between the periods of August 2011 and January 2012. The project targeted training 150 PLHIV on positive living, distributed over 4000 condoms and reaching 1500 community members with stigma reduction messages.
These were to be reached from the 5 villages of Ngombeni sub-location namely; Ngombeni, Dindiri Misufuni, Dindiri central, Makata and Kaole.
- The project trained 60 community own resource persons who with ann average 200 PLHWAS. These were trained on issues of health and social economics.
- The project, successfully guided the PLHWAS living in the 5 villages to register a support group.
- The project distributed 6000 condoms, 80-T-SHIRTS AND 2000 FLIERS WITH HIV/AIDS messages.
- The project reached over 4000 people who live in Ng’ombeni sub-location with the stigma reduction messages of PLHWAS who live within the communities.
- The project trained over 200 PLHWAS on positive living and self management and guided the PLHWAS to OBTAIN THE PROP PACKAGE AT NEAREST Health Center Pingilikani.
- The project successfully conducted 11 outreaches during the implementation period.
Child foundation collaborated with following partners in implementing the project.
- Ministry of Health –Pinglicani Health Centre
- CACC Bahari
- NGOs and CBOs working HIV/AIDS issues
- Community Leaders
Child foundation Group implemented the project within the required time line (6 months)
- 1.In the course of routine visits in the villages, the project through close contacts discovered that most families hide information regarding number of PLHWAS under their custody. Such stigma out to be tackled vigorously if efforts to minimize spread of the killer disease (HIV/AIDS) is to bear fruits in Ng’ombeni sub-location.
- 2.It was extremely difficult to establish regular field visits due to tight transport budget.
The PLHWAS have the knowledge of PWP package and the communities now understand that HIV/AIDS is really but not myths.